Monday, March 17, 2008

Introducing Maggie girl!

This is not soap or business related, but for the last few months I have been incredibly heart broken. My sweetest old terrier boy Emmett passed on 2-23-08 after being diagnosed with lymphoma. I spent 2 months feeding him food and water with a dropper before his diagnosis and last day with us. I have been so terribly sad and lonely without him. I can't stop crying it seems.

So, this last Saturday we made the decision as a family to adopt our new little girl and named her Maggie. She was at a high kill shelter and was adopted out by a non profit rescue group called Loving Arms Animal Rescue. I found her on Petfinder after looking at every dog in California to the Arizona border. For days I kept privately sneaking looks at her picture and finally showed my husband and son her photo about five days later. To my surprise they both fell in love with her and we contacted the rescue group to see if she was still available!

After a very long day at getting to Balboa Park where a large adoption event was happening within the midst of a enormous St. Patrick's Day Parade and Festival (28,000 in attendance) we got to meet her and fell in love with her. She is a terrier mix, which we have always had a special fondness for and she is 6 months old now.
These photos were taken by her rescue group. I will try to post other photos of her at home soon!



No comments: