Sunday, February 27, 2011

Damn You, Ylang ylang



I was readying to sit down and begin some perfume work today and forgot the midnight madness blending flurry from last night. Carefully picking up a handful of pipettes to clear the table, it happened. The damn ylang ylang(1st) again. It not only got on my hand but on my clothing. I went I washed my hands, again and again. I changed my clothes. Nope.
I wiped my fingers down with alcohol and I even wiped around my nose in case I had accidentally touched my face. Wash, rinse repeat.
DAMN YOU, YLANG YLANG! I do not need you today and you are now banished to the cabinet and not allowed out. I can smell you from here. I am off to change - again.

Wikipedia:
The name ylang-ylang is derived from Tagalog, either from the word ilang, meaning "wilderness", alluding to its natural habitat, or the word ilang-ilan, meaning "rare", suggestive of its exceptionally delicate scent.[citation needed] A more widely accepted translation is "flower of flowers".[3] The plant is native to the Philippines and Indonesia and is commonly grown in Polynesia, Melanesia and Micronesia.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Ylang-ylang is one of my top fave, but it needs to be nicer to you!
Teresa@angelsoap

Tracy said...

Thanks Teresa, lol!